June 28, 2022
In addition, individually identifiable information that you provide to us for purposes of obtaining medical services (such information is also referred to as “Protected Health Information” or “PHI”) will also be subject to the Salience TMS Neuro Solutions Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice of Privacy Practices”), which is available at this link. The Notice of Privacy Practices describes how Salience TMS can use and share your PHI and describes your rights with respect to your PHI.
Collection of Information
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
Information you provide directly to us.
For certain activities, such as when you register, subscribe to our alerts, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all the following types of information:
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, phone number, and address;
- Username and password;
- Payment information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, and credit card security code;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, health insurance and information which you have stored in Apple HealthKit (to the extent you choose to synch that data with our services); and
- Any other information you provide to us.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Information we collect automatically.
We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, device and advertising identifiers, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other standard server log information.
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve our Services, including the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs while using our Services. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. This data may include parts of a document you were using when a problem occurred or the contents of your communications. By using the Services, you are consenting to the collection of this technical data.
Use of Information
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Provide and improve the Services;
- Contact/message you;
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information;
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us or on behalf of our affiliates and trusted third-party partners;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services;
- Conduct research using your information, which may be subject to your separate written authorization;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time, we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other healthcare-related entities. We may share your information with other health care providers, laboratories, government agencies, insurance companies, medical examiners or funeral directors, and other entities relevant to providing you with treatment options and support.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct-mail, mobile marketing, optimization, and retargeting), performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to the services they are providing to us.
- Research partners. We may share your information with our research partners to conduct health-related research; such sharing may be subject to your separate written authorization.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of Salience, our affiliates, users, or the public. If we are legally compelled to disclose information about you to a third party, we will attempt to notify you by sending an email to the email address in our records unless doing so would violate the law or unless you have not provided your email address to us.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
If you choose to engage in public activities on our Site or third-party sites that we link to, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. You should understand that no data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects can be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the Services may no longer be available to you.
Third-Party Advertising, Links and Content
Salience TMS Patient Portal is not designed for or targeted at children. Salience will not knowingly collect and maintain personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age.
Deleting Your Salience Patient Portal Connection
Should you decide that you no longer wish to use the Salience TMS Patient Portal, you may delete your connection to from within your account information. This removes your access to Salience TMS Patient Portal. Deleting the connection does not notify Salience TMS Neuro Solutions that you no longer wish to receive communications in the Salience TMS Patient Portal. You must contact your treatment team to notify him or her that you no longer wish to receive communications via the Salience TMS Patient Portal.