Supporting Someone With Depression
When someone you love has depression, you can feel disconnected from the person you know in your heart. Dealing with any chronic illness leaves friends, family, and loved ones frustrated and angry, especially when medications and treatments don’t lead to true recovery.
Together, with patients and supportive loved ones, Salience creates a customized TMS treatment plan and navigates complex insurance issues to make the path to wellness simple and easy. Our highly trained team and patient advocates have a uniquely better and proven approach to treatment. Helping someone live again is one of the greatest acts of love and kindness. For more information visit our blog on Supporting a Friend or Loved One with Depression. Here are a few ways you can help make the connection:
- Start a conversation and get educated about depression treatment options, like medication, therapy or TMS treatments.
- Encourage them to take the first step. It’s often the hardest part, and with your help, it can be easier.
- Don’t blame or stigmatize your loved one. Depression is a chronic illness with difficult and complex symptoms.
- Remember that depression is a recognized medical condition that can only be recovered from with professional help.
- Advocate for and support your loved one throughout their treatment process. Listen and open conversations along the way.