Salience Works For Doctors and Medical Professionals
Originating in 1984, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a safe, effective, non-invasive treatment that uses magnetic pulses to stimulate neural networks in the brain. The treatment is proven to improve the symptoms of depression without the risk of long-term side effects.
Our highly trained and certified TMS Therapy Directors set the patient's exact prescription for our TMS coordinators to recreate throughout treatment. Pulses are aimed at the structures in the brain associated with mood regulation. The left pre-frontal cortex is used to non-invasively access the limbic system from outside the brain, using a very focal type of stimulation. This minimizes the stimulation of brain tissue not associated with mood regulation. Because the pulses are dynamic and rapidly changing, it induces electrical charges to flow, only creating a small amount of electricity. These small electric charges cause neurons to activate or fire, stimulating inactive brain cells.
During treatment sessions that last approximately 30 minutes, patients relax in a reclined chair. There’s little to no downtime and patients can drive to and from treatments. Our patients comfortably chat with our staff or listen to music while receiving treatment.Refer a Patient
Backed by research and experience
- TMS is FDA approved for treatment-resistant depression, providing a more effective treatment option for patients with complex health problems. It is covered by most insurance carriers for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.
- Within seven weeks of rTMS treatment, approximately 75% of our patients experience greater than 50% improvement with their depressive symptoms.
- Since 2011, approximately 50-60% of our patients have reported reaching remission within seven weeks.
- Salience is a leading expert in TMS treatment. Out highly trained treatment team has performed over 100,000 treatments to date.
- Our staff of treatment coordinators, physicians, and patient advocates know that a basic, one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t meet patient needs. Unlike other TMS treatment providers, our protocols are customized for each patient
Working with Salience
- Proven Results. With over 100,000 treatments performed and over 70% of patients reporting a positive response rate, our treatment has a history of reconnecting patients with their life.
- Patient-Centered Approach. Every patient has an advocate at Salience, all the way through billing and insurance. Our treatments are customized, keeping in mind patient needs for medication and therapy.
- Innovative Technology. TMS is a modern, cutting edge treatment that compliments your practice.
- Superior Training. Our team is the highest trained in the industry, taking stress away from your staff. We fit into your office and culture without interruptions.
- Turnkey solution. We offer a complete end-to-end paperless patient relationship and management system, with an integrated check-in tablet. rTMS Therapy is easily integrated into your practice with no disruption to current practice flow.
Times are changing fast in our field and TMS Neuro Solutions not only helps keep us relevant, they are making us become a top tier group in our sector. They help me and all the other doctors go from 'good to great’.— Therapy Director, D.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a candidate for TMS Treatment?
The FDA has approved TMS for patients 22 and older, suffering from Major Depressive Disorder who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from antidepressant medication in the current episode. The American Psychiatric Association’s best practices for the treatment of depression states to use TMS after the first line of medication. rTMS has also been used off-label by clinical researchers to treat:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Adolescent Depression
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar Depression
- Cognitive Decline
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Post Stroke
Is TMS the same as electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)?
No. ECT was designed to cause a series of generalized seizures, requires hospitalization, general anesthetics, and/or muscle relaxers. TMS is an office-based procedure, performed without muscle relaxers or anesthesia and does not cause a series of seizures, memory loss, nausea, or confusion, which are typical concerns with ECT. TMS patients are able to drive themselves to and from treatment, remain awake, and can converse or listen to music throughout the treatment. Our treatment is completed during a 30-minute visit depending on the patient, minimizing interruptions to their typical day.
What are the side effects of TMS?
Some patients experience mild scalp discomfort in the area where the magnetic coil is placed. Patients often experience minor headaches with treatment. Those will subside within 2-3 weeks of treatment. Our treatment coordinators are highly trained to provide a comforting environment for your patients, minimizing the risk of minor headaches.
What kinds of patients cannot receive TMS?
Some patients cannot receive TMS treatments if they have non-removable metal implants within their head (with the exception of braces or dental fillings). Failure to follow this rule could cause the object to heat up, move, or malfunction, and result in serious injury or death. Problematic metal implants include: aneurysm clips or coils, stents in the neck or brain, deep brain stimulators, electrodes to monitor brain activity, metallic implants in eyes or ears, shrapnel or bullet fragments in or near the head, facial tattoos with metallic or magnetic-sensitive ink, or any other metal devices/objects implanted in or near the head. Patients with active or past psychosis should not receive TMS.
How can I receive updates on my patient’s progress?
Once a patient is referred for TMS treatment, we keep you updated in order to maintain continuity of care. You will be notified when your patients come in for their consultation and will be kept in the loop through weekly treatment updates, provided via fax or encrypted emails. If our TMS Therapy Directors have any questions or concerns regarding your patient's treatment, they will reach out directly.
TMS Neuro Solutions comprehensive treatment plan allows the doctor to customize their patient’s treatment and focus on what is only clinically best for the patient. They have added no stress or work to our office and have supplied everything we need to attain results. They are the best structure for TMS Therapy.— Practice Manager, S.P.